Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Best Dessert I've Made in a Long Time aka the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich....

OK I'm back.  I have mostly recovered from my debilitating illness.  I kid, it wasn't debilitating, but I just do not handle colds very well.  On Friday when I got off work at 11 am (yeah it's awesome) I spent my afternoon baking cookies for the basketball team my husband coaches.  They had an ice cream social on Saturday to celebrate the end of the season.  We had a few cookies leftover but I was tired of eating just the cookies.  Plus it was really nice outside this weekend for the first time.  So we bought this...
This ice cream is good on it's own.  The cookies are good on their own.  But then I came up with a better idea...
Delightful...

These cookies are chocolate chip oatmeal.  I got the recipe from "What's Gaby Cooking."  This is a great site for recipes, especially if you like guacamole.

So what did you do this weekend?
What's your favorite summertimes dessert?

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I had one of these recently, but when i bit it, the ice cream just squeezed out the other side and plopped onto my plate. Also i felt like i was going to go into cardiac arrest from the sugar. Did either of these things happen to you? I think the cookies on mine (from the fresh market) were too hard and the ice cream was too soft.

Jenni said...

I love strawberry shortcake in the summer. Yummy!

MariahSmile said...

Mmmmm... my favorite ice cream with my favorite cookie all rolled into one! Yum!

Anonymous said...

That looks delish - but my go-to summer dessert is a McD's hot fudge sundae...thought I don't think I'll be getting one for awhile since its still snowing here

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

That looks phenomenal.

I love strawberries of all kinds and watermelon -- just on it's own -- as a summer treat.

Shana said...

I walked a lot this weekend...mostly to avoid eating foods like this. These look like the perfect treat for a nice, spring day. Sadly, they aren't on the diet right now!

Mo Young said...

Oh, I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - and ice cream. I think I used to eat something similar as a child ... And my fav summertime desert may be smores. I guess it could be an anytime desert, but I only seem to have a night time fire in the summer. And I'm ready, bring on summer! PS, glad you're feeling better.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you're feeling better! That cookie sandwich looks yummy!