Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekending.....Tacos, Free Art and Downton

Happy Memorial Day.  I don't actually get this day off from work for some weird reason but I hope all of you who do are having a good one.

I actually made some things (other than wine charms) this weekend.  This pork took me about 4.5 hours total time to make (including the stove top simmering) but it was worth it. The pork recipe is from What's Gaby Cooking.


I even made fresh guacamole instead of going the Wholly Guacamole route like I've recently been known to do.  Then I added a little pepper jack cheese.  De-wait for it-lightful.

I also made some free art...well if you consider wine corks in an old apple cider jug, "art".
I am kind of obsessed with rearranging the items on this shelf.  It's right above the TV so I find myself frequently staring at it and making changes.  It's already changed from this picture.
I also decided to start on my summer TV schedule.  This usually involves me catching up on a few TV shows on Netflix Streaming.  I watched 3 episodes of Downton Abbey and I'm hooked. 

On Saturday evening I hosted a cookout at my house (although I didn't actually make anything for it).  There as also that brief incident where my car started smoking (it has since been repaired).  So, even though it wasn't a 3 day weekend, it was still a good weekend overall. 

What did you guys do?

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Jelly that I missed the cookout Saturday. I did a lot of unpacking and organizing and furniture shopping this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing as you. I did golf a couple times since i had monday off. I ate the pork tacos. They were good. All variations of them were good as well.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love all those wine corks!!! I need to start drinking more wine!