Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

June Was Busy...

I'm-a Back.

It's been a busy June.

I travelled to Charleston, SC to see my parents' new home.


I visited our nation's capital and went on an awesome free walking tour.

I became BFF* with Owen Wilson and Amy Poehler.

I achieved one of my running goals (running a 5K in under 30 minutes!).

And I will probably die this weekend as I attempt my first ever 10K, being as the high for Saturday in Gboro is 104.  Please, please, please, please let it be in the low 70s at 8am.  Please.

If I survive the 10K, I'm competing in a very serious salsa (the food, not the dance) competition on Saturday night so I will update you on that and all these other June events next week.

*became BFF=saw from a distance

4 comments:

KT said...

Good luck with your 10K! You are going to do great!

Shana said...

Glad you are back! Congrats on the run and good luck with the next one tomorrow. And congrats to your parents on their new house...which is really nice...at least from the front porch!

Leah said...

a 5k in under 30 min!? Get it girl!
and so so jealous of your new bff's* owen wilson and amy poehler. I want to be their bff too!!! (*even at a distance that's awesome!!)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

DC is so great! The buildings and the mall area is always great to tour. How fun!